How to Sell on Amazon for Beginners:
No B.S. Guide on Selling on Amazon FBA:
Today, Amazon is already an only name in all around the world; there is no doubt that it is the king of the online marketplace. However, a beginner may see selling on Amazon frightening and confusing, given the excess amount of information online. You may ask “Why do I need to sell on Amazon?”
Well, We know such questions do arise in your mind when a beginner at Amazon- how to sell on Amazon for beginners is? Want to start trading on Amazon FBA? Where to learn how to sell on Amazon FBA step by step? In this article we will share with you how can you start selling on prime and Amazon FBA seller successfully before even creating your first Amazon account?
Let see, why to select Amazon to sell?
Amazon is the biggest online marketplace in the world. Millions of prime member, you can quickly cash in their existing user base.
- Amazon can handle warehousing and fulfillment for you (FBA). With Amazon FBA, you can ship your inventory to Amazon and let them manage it for you. Without worrying about shipping and warehousing, you can run your business.
- Amazon has massive online traffic, around 1/3 of the USA shopper only buy from Amazon.
STEP 1: DETERMINED YOUR PRODUCT AND IT’S RANG
The very first question which comes to mind is, “How much funds do I need to get my business running on Amazon?”
Well, all we can say is no need to worry about the funds, as the capital you need to start with quite small and there are so much you can source your products.
- You need to choose to do arbitrage whereby you buy goods from the physical and online store and then list them for sale on Amazon.
- You can stock your products from wholesalers and resell them on Amazon.
- Private label manufacturers allow you to change and customize your branded products and you can sell anywhere you wish.
If you want to start your business with a low budget, you can switch to the dropshipping method.
In drop shipping, you don’t buy any inventory. You list those products for sale first and then make a deal, you need to send the order detail to the supplier and pay for only the product you sold.
In short, drop shipping is like a middle person business, and there is low-profit margin. You might have to deal with complaints about quality, shortages, and problems with late delivery of products.
STEP 2: SELECT AND SET-UP YOUR ACCOUNT
To sell on Amazon, first thing, you need to do is Account Setup either as an Individual (FBM) or Pro Seller (FBA). Most sellers prefer to opt for Pro account due to its more feature (costs $39.99 for each month). According to us, if you are using the retail arbitrage method for your inventory, you should start with an individual account, as it will minimize your risk. As pro account is suitable for people, who are ready to invest their money in wholesale or private label products.
Now the next step is creating a Listing of your product. This can do in different ways.
The simplest option is to add your items to current product listings, and this is the best method for beginners on Amazon. To attract your market, you can provide free shipment on your product or by reducing the price or by using FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon).
Tips for product listing on Amazon
– Select the best listing amongst the multiple listings.
– High-rank listing with a clear image and excellent content.
– Profit is the core thing which you should keep in your mind will listing and make sure you perform research on all fees, costs, and products, by using different tools.
– Ensure that you enroll for FBA for the most highly ranked seller, which is mostly preferred by customers while buying.
Step 3: MANAGE STOCK
Inventory management is the very crucial thing to taken care of; if you are unable to ship the product which is displayed as in stock on time or fail to maintain your seller’s matrix, you are likely to face your account suspension by Amazon.
So, always manage and fulfill your inventory correctly. You should update your inventory frequently, to maintain a high rank on Amazon. Like product listings, you can also manage your inventory on Amazon via manually or bulk upload.
Step 4: ORDER FULFILL-MENT
Delivering your order is the last and final step of selling on Amazon. The seller should make sure always to fulfill their order on time; failing can harm their product rating on Amazon. Following Amazon matrix is essential or else you can end up to get your account get suspended.
If you are FBM (Fulfillment by Merchant) seller, make sure you have proper inventory management in place. As Amazon merchant (FBM) require to ship their orders out to customers from their warehouse.
Whereas, shipping via FBA method, all you need to do is ship your product to Amazon and the rest is taken care by Amazon-warehousing, customer services, and fulfillment. Here, you need to pay some warehousing and fulfillment fees. As every coin has two side- if charges are one side of the coin, the other hand is having ample to benefits such as
– The prime product, which can increase traffic for your product on Amazon.
– Shipping in 2 days.
– Better ranking
– Build customer trust to receive their product on time.
Step 5: OPTIMIZATION
Optimizing your product is a most critical task to be done to attract your customer and get more sales and ranking. As this is the only place where you can solve and help your customer to buy your product with accurate information such as
Image: Make sure you have 5-7 pictures of your product, buyers can get to know and have an idea of your product from all different dimensions. 80% of customers get an idea about the product by viewing the image. There should be no watermark, and the dimension should be at least 1200 or larger in either the width or height is preferred. Customers get attracted to the images such as
– In the use of product image.
– Image with product packaging.
– The picture that shows the size of the product.
– Views from several angles.
Keyword Tool: The easiest way to make profits on Amazon is by keyword research to know which keywords to put in your Amazon listing. This will help you to discover the most popular Amazon keywords potential buyers are searching for.
– The word limit of your product title is 200 character of it (for most categories). Things to be taken care is:
– Readable by humans, should be meaningful.
– Add value-added things such as product importance or a critical element that makes your different from your competitor.
– Use useful and relevant keywords which will target your customers. For Amazon page, title formula which is used is as Brand+ Model Number + Product Type, Color.
Product Features: You should at least add five bullet points in your listings with each 500 character limit. The important things to take care of while creating the bullet points/ feature of your product:
– Think from customer’s point of view like what they will be looking out for in your products. It’s like putting yourself in the shoes of the buyer. Why should they purchase your product over other competitors?
– Put adds value to your product.
– Essential features suppose to be at the top of the list.
– Include warranty and guarantees you are offering.
– Quality and material.
Specification: Here you can put your long-tail keywords and additional information such as key features and product benefits. You can also add stories here to convince your visitors to buy from you. The specification is the section where you list the physical and technical details of your product. This includes color, shipping weight, size, technical specification and many more.
Product Description: 2000 is the character limit for product description where you can talk about what it does what it is and why it is the most excellent product on the market. You should keep short and straightforward sentence- between 10-30 words, characteristics and advantages to the customer, make your customer feel that product is must, and they need, using understandable language, infuse relevant keywords, it should be like a storyteller approach which a buyer can imagine themselves using your product.
Backend Keywords: Amazon lets you put backend search terms for your product listings. These will help Amazon algorithm to understand the relevancy of your listings to a user’s search query. Make sure you put all relevant keyword related to your keyword.
Step 6: PROMOTE YOUR LISTING
When a product is being searched on the homepage, they are taken to a list of results, but once they select those results, then anything done from that point forward will be within a specific category. If you’re not categorized appropriately and are not in that category, you’re out of options. You are required to select categories when managing your page, so pick wisely! Just choose something at the very least.
Sponsored Ads: Amazon PPC is the option to sponsor the ad that gives you the opportunity to create ads on Amazon that will display up next to search results for the keywords specified. All required to be done to get started here is to choose your keywords and your products and then set bids for the amount you want to spend. These will help optimize your sales rank, which will hopefully optimize your organic listings.
There should not be any duplicate content for your all product pages on Amazon that you are using on your e-commerce page.
And there you have it! The basics of becoming an Amazon seller and setting up your first Amazon listing. We hope this beginner’s guide on how to be an Amazon seller has been helpful. Wish you best of the luck! If you have any more questions, we are happy to answer what we can. If you’re curious to learn more – hit me up here or ping us.